[Spambayes] Unknown error re: 46B ghost message

Dr. Paul M. Hine drpaulmhine at comcast.net
Sat Mar 24 20:42:09 CET 2007

New installation of Outlook 2003 (Office 2003) on Windows XP computer will
all latest updates.

I installed SpamBayes 1.0.4

When I open Outlook, I immediately get two messages in my folders. One goes
into my Inbox folder, and the other goes into my Junk E-Mail folder.

Both messages are unopenable. They are both 46B in size according to
Outlook, but they have no date, subject, or content.

When I hit the "Spam" button, I get the message that "No filterable mail
items are selected" but I can just delete them using the Delete key.

I have reinstalled SpamBayes, reset the configuration several times, but
keep getting these two ghost messages whenever SpamBayes is installed and I
open Outlook.

When I reset the configuration while Outlook is open, I immediately get two
more ghost messages (one to the Inbox and one to Junk E-Mail).

I do not get the ghost messages when SpamBayes is uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Paul