[Spambayes] Pre-release 1.1a4 windows binary available for testing

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jul 7 08:32:20 CEST 2007

Hi all,
  I've made a pre-release of SpamBayes 1.1a4 available for Windows users.
Note that this is pre-release, so it is expected to have issues (and the
point of this release is to find them!)  Do NOT use this package unless you
are willing to find it does not work, and that you need to revert to the
previous version you have been using.  There is even the (remote)
possibility that you will lose your training data - this is NOT recommended
for general use.  An official binary will be made available soon, so unless
you like tinkering with your PC, I suggest you wait for an official release.

The primary new feature in this release is 'image cracking' for the Outlook
addin - ie, the ability to use OCR to peek inside images embedded in emails.
It is enabled by default.  While I'm sure this sounds like an attractive
feature to try, please keep the previous paragraph in mind - its not yet
suitable for general release; be patient, it will be soon.

Also note that we have *not* made any changes specific to Outlook 2007 or
Vista, but we wecome all reports about how things work there.  Vista users
should almost certainly use "Run as Administrator" when executing the
installer - our installer probably isn't smart enough to force that yet.

The release can be found at
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/spambayes-1.1a4-070629.exe and I'd
welcome all feedback - even just telling me it seems to work well.  Please
do *not* mail me with general questions about the OCR support, or about any
other new or old features - please mail spambayes-dev at python.org with such
questions etc.  Any questions not specifically related to the new version
should continue to be posted on this mailing list.

Cheers,

Mark