[Spambayes] (no subject)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jul 5 06:25:40 CEST 2007

It appears that a particular mail is malformed, and SpamBayes isn't robust
enough.

Looking inside the traceback, the code arond like 1371 of tokenize.py is:

        try:
            subjcharsetlist = email.Header.decode_header(x)
        except (binascii.Error, email.Errors.HeaderParseError):
            subjcharsetlist = [(x, 'invalid')]

It looks like that except clause should be changed to include ValueError at
least - eg:

        except (binascii.Error, email.Errors.HeaderParseError, ValueError):

Could you please try that change and see if it goes away?  I've also CCd
spambayes-dev in the hope that someone there will offer some opinion if this
is indeed a fix that should be checked in...

Cheers,

Mark