[Spambayes] problems with Outlook Express

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Fri Feb 23 12:13:39 CET 2007

Copied from a reply of Jesse Pelton:

You appear to be using Outlook Express. If this is the case, please see
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-express and http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express. Unfortunately, Outlook Express is quite limited compared to Outlook, and its setup is more of a manual process.

I would like to add:
Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same. This is a common mistake.
Outlook is groupware, while Outlook Express is only email.

About the telephone helpline: SpamBayes is free software, and you pay
for what you get. You paid nothing so...
Second, I don't know where all the Spambayes devs live, but chances are
they don't live in your part of the world/time zone.
Third, Spambayes is not a company, but a group of volunteering
individuals who do this as a hobby. I'm afraid they would stop working
on Spambayes if they were forced to do telephone support. That's why
they also rely a bit on people like me, just regular users, to help
other users, via this mailing list.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
amedee at amedee.be