[Spambayes] lots of unsures, heavily biased towards spam

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Feb 4 16:10:58 CET 2007

    >> > If your training set has much more spam than ham, you can train on
    >> > ham that already scores properly.
    >>
    >> That'll help?  Great; it's easy enough.

    Seth> There is anecdotal evidence that this helps, as well a few systems
    Seth> where it doesn't seem to matter.  If Spambayes is not classifying
    Seth> well enough, this is a good thing to try.

If there's any possibility you've made a training mistake (training ham as
spam or vice versa), I'd just empty out your training database and start
from scratch.  If the interface you're using allows you to delete trained
mails you could also try deleting a bunch of old mails you classified as
spam.

Skip