[Spambayes] Microsoft Office 2007

Ty Zucker ty.zucker at stjohnglendale.com
Fri Feb 2 03:14:20 CET 2007

I have Office 2007 installed and experience problems too.  Spambayes
works fine when I'm at work and connected to our network and exchange
server.

When I leave the office and fire up Outlook, it connects to our exchange
server via rpc over http.  Upon starting Outlook, a dialog box pops up
that says:

There appears to be a problem with the SpamBayes configuration

Please select the SpamBayes manager, and run the Configuration Wizard to
reconfigure the filter.

When I open the SpamBayes Manager, under the General Tab in the section
"Filter Status" it says:
The unsure folder is invalid: MsgStoreException: Exception 0x-7ffbfee3
(MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER): OLE error 0x8004011d

Also, every other tab in the SpamBayes Manager has <unknown> for
folders.

Basically this simply disables SpamBayes while I'm disconnected from the
domain at work.

I run Outlook in cached exchange mode.  I used the same setup with
Outlook 2003 with no problems.

-Ty

Can you define the problem a little better?  It is working fine on my
Office 2007 install at work (exchange), and at home (using pop3)