[Spambayes] Microsoft Office 2007 (off topic)

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Thu Feb 1 18:00:03 CET 2007

Aww, c'mon, Thomas, tell us what you *really* think.  ;-)

I'm with you. But bear in mind that without over-eager early users to do
Microsoft's testing for them, bugs wouldn't get found as quickly and
you'd have to wait for, say, SP 5 to get reasonably stable software. A
cynic would tell you to be quiet and let the fools rush in, but I think
your attempt to educate is the more humane approach. (I was originally
going to take the cynical approach and reply to Thomas alone, but now I
see that I must copy the list or be a hypocrite.)

-jesse-

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of Thomas J. Hruska
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:51 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: Re: [Spambayes] Microsoft Office 2007

Charles W Davis wrote:
> Spambayes doesn't seem to work on my newly installed Office 2007.  Any
> intended dates?
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Chuck Davis
>
> HYPERLINK "http://www.anthemwebs.com/"AnthemWebs.com
>
> 702-614-3107

Don't use Office 2007?

Seriously - what do people expect to happen by moving to Office 2007 or
Windows Vista the day it becomes available?  Here's what I expect:
Unstable software that crashes a lot and no longer supports your
favorite software/hardware.  I'm waiting until at least two service
packs come out before I even _consider_ putting either one on a
production machine.  A testing box is okay, but the latest Microsoft
products don't touch my production hardware until it has been proven to
be stable.  They have a proven track record of releasing software that
has so many bugs that it is criminal.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

*NEW* VerifyMyPC 2.0
Change tracking and management tool.
Reduce tech. support times from 2 hours to 5 minutes.

Free for personal use, $10 otherwise.
http://www.CubicleSoft.com/VerifyMyPC/

SpamBayes at python.org