[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] Junk E Mail Folder Problem

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:05:47 CEST 2006

[Moving this to the spambayes at python.org list]

On 9/8/06, John Gagliardi <john at corebuilds.com> wrote:
> My Junk E Mail folder has a red circle with a line through it.  I can't
> delete it or move it.  I can't even drag it to the Deletec Items folder.
> What caused this and what can I do to correct the problem?

The folder named "Junk E-mail" is a special folder controlled by
Outlook, and Outlook will not allow it to be deleted. By default,
SpamBayes moves spam to the same folder as the built-in Outlook spam
filter so that all of your spam goes to one place, but SpamBayes does
not manage the folder itself or control whether or not it can be
deleted.

If what you want to do is delete all of your spam, you can just
right-click on the Junk E-mail folder and select the Empty "Junk
E-mail" Folder option from the menu.

--
Kenny Pitt