[Spambayes] I seem to have stumbled upon a (persistent) spamcount > nspam bug

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 11 16:24:44 CEST 2006

    Edgar>    File "/usr/lib/.../spambayes/classifier.py", line 311, in probability
    Edgar>      assert spamcount <= nspam
    Edgar> AssertionError

Edgar,

Database corruption generally rears its ugly head when you have two tools
trying to manipulate the database at once.  You use mboxtrain to create it.
What other tools in the SpamBayes set do you use?  What database format are
you using?  I'm guessing you have yet to switch to zodb.  It seems to offer
much better resilience against these sorts of problems.

Skip