[Spambayes] asking to delete a message

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Mon Oct 30 16:25:17 CET 2006

Op maandag 30-10-2006 om 09:41 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Jesse
Pelton:
> For better or worse, it can't be done. See
> http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/contact.html, and note that by
> necessity public mailing lists may be archived, downloaded, or
> otherwise copied by anyone without the control or even knowledge of
> the list maintainers. Google can find at least two other instances of
> archived copies of that message on the Web (on www.mail-archive.com
> and aspn.activestate.com), but there could be any number of copies in
> places that Google does not or cannot index (such as the inboxes of
> everyone on the list). Before long there will be copies of your
> "asking to delete a message" message in various archives as well, and
> no one will be able to definitively locate all copies of it either.
>
> In any case, the presence of a message in a mail archive is unlikely
> to have anything to do with the amount of spam you receive. If you
> want to avoid creating publicly archived messages in the future, do
> not post to public mailing lists.

Some people I know use different mailing addresses for each mailing
list, like this: nameofthemailinglist at yourowndomain.com
This implies that you need to have your own domain, and this can be as
cheap as 1 euro per month.
I also have my own domain, and I am considering it.

--
Amedee