[Spambayes] Same message keeps getting through my filter

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Sat Nov 11 11:56:27 CET 2006

Op vrijdag 10-11-2006 om 20:26 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef David
Abrahams:
> Today I updated my spambayes from CVS and started training it afresh.
> I've been getting hundreds of copies of the enclosed message, and
> despite having put several in my spam training folder, they keep
> getting classified as ham or unsure.
>
> Is this a bug, or my misconception, or something I'm doing wrong?
>
> If a bug, can I do anything to help you fix it?
>
> Thanks

I have seen exactly the same message too, classified as unsure.
And I didn't purge my database, it is trained with a few hundred
messages.
So if even I get them as unsure, I can imagine that someone with a new
database will see even more of them.

I think it is a new kind of spam, sent by botnets, and spambayes is
still learning about them. I hope...

--
Amedee Van Gasse
amedee at amedee.be