[Spambayes] more information please

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 29 04:15:02 CEST 2006

> I don't seem to be able to find any information on the terms you use
> to classify email.
>
> Does the "Discard" option ignore the email or delete the email?

When you use the web interface, you are not dealing with the email
itself - that is still completely contained within the email client
(e.g. Eudora, Outlook Express, Thunderbird) that you use.

The web interface shows you cached copies of the email that has been
classified so that you can correct any mistakes.  The options are:

  * ham (train this message as ham (good) email - do this for any ham
messages that were unsure or any messages that were classified as
spam but were actually ham).

  * spam (train this message as spam (bad) email - do this for any
spam messages that were unsure or any messages that were classified
as ham but were actually spam).

  * discard (do not train this message - do this for any messages
that were correctly classified).

  * defer (decide what to do later)

Hope this helps!

=Tony.Meyer