[Spambayes] Problem with Mail Body in OE

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 24 12:21:19 CEST 2006

> SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.1a1 (April 2005), installed for
> Outlook Express

The 1.1a1 sb_server (POP3 Proxy) should not be used.  Use 1.0.4 or
(if you really want to be on the cutting edge) 1.1a2.

> Two small issues I'd like some feedback on if possible:
>
> 1. Every now and then I get a group email where the message body
> has disappeared.

Please send us an example of such a message (using "forward as
attachment", so that we get the headers as well).

> 2. Spams are now getting through using a legitimate-looking email
> address and subject lines but containing a graphic in the body
> which contains the spam text. ie I don't think it's searchable? Can
> SB deal with this? How can I reconfigure to resolve this?

We are carrying out research at the moment into ways that this sort
of spam can be dealt with.  For now, there is still some information
in these messages for SpamBayes to work with, so using a well-trained
database is the best you can do.  (You could try enabling the
use_bigrams option, and you should ensure you are using a good
training regime).

=Tony.Meyer