[Spambayes] sb_mboxtrain.py does not train on all messages?

amedee at amedee.be amedee at amedee.be
Thu May 11 14:41:23 CEST 2006

>> Now I only have to find a reliable way of detecting if sb_server is
>> already running, start it if needed, and shut it down when done.
>
> There are various ways to check this, e.g.:
>
>   1. If you're sure that nothing else on the machine will try and use
> the same ports as SpamBayes, then you can check to see whether a
> connection is accepted (either to a proxy port or to the HTML UI port).
>
>   2. You can grep through ps and check for a 'python
> sb_server.py' (or however you have it setup) process.
>
>   3. You could add code to the open_platform_mutex function in
> sb_server to open some sort of lock for your platform (e.g. create a
> directory, and delete it on close) and use that to check whether
> sb_server is running.

Thank you for the suggestions Tony. I think I'll use ps -A | grep
sb_server.py
99.9% of the time sb_server won't be running anyway, because I am not
using sb_server but sb_filter.

The only thing now is how to shut down sb_server.py without any output.
pkilling it doesn't seem to be the way to do it, but I'll leave that as an
excercise to myself.

--
Amedee Van Gasse