[Spambayes] retrieving a deleted spam e-mail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jun 3 11:23:27 CEST 2006

> I deleted an important email by mistake from my spam folder, can I
> get it back?

There's nothing special about the folders that SpamBayes uses, so the
same rules apply as with any other messages in Outlook.  If you
didn't delete it, but just moved it to the Deleted Items folder (this
is what the "Delete" key does by default), and you haven't emptied
that, then you can get it back from there.

If you did empty the Deleted Items folder, or actually deleted the
message (shift-delete), but this was on a "Personal Folders" file
(pst) rather than Exchange/Hotmail/IMAP, then if you haven't
compacted the pst file, Google can find you utilities to retrieve
deleted mail.

=Tony.Meyer