[Spambayes] question about .procmailrc

Mike Causer mikec at mikecauser.com
Mon Jan 23 20:23:22 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:47:56 +0200 (IST) galili assaf <galilia at cs.bgu.ac.il> wrote:

> I am using spambayes in .procmailrc (unix account).
> my question is about .procmailrc:
> is .procmailrc synchronized? I mean, if two new mails are coming to my
> accout, will the first .procmailrc script execution finish before the
> second execution will start?
> I am trying to do something so the order is very importent.

It probably depends on your MTA.  I'm using fetchmail -> Postfix ->
procmail -> Spambayes, and comparing the timestamps in the Postfix and
procmail logs it certainly looks as if Postfix waits for procmail to
finish one message before it is called again for the next.

Mike
Mike Causer                          Email - mailto:mikec at mikecauser.com
GPG KeyID 1C2DDA07                       WWW - http://www.mikecauser.com
Flood the fen again! - Wicken Fen enlargement - http://www.wicken.org.uk