[Spambayes] setting up with outlook express

rik and ann riksir at yachtsandcastle.com
Sat Feb 18 13:30:05 CET 2006

When I set up spambayes to work with outlook express and my pop3 worldnet.att.net using the FAQ on spambayes, outlook express fails when I try to receive from att. enclosed is the set up for worldnet.att.net

Thanks, rik

To add a mail account for sending and receiving e-mail messages in Microsoft Outlook Express 5.x and 6.x:
>From the  Start menu, select  Programs , and choose  Outlook Express . The  Microsoft Outlook Express window will appear. If using Microsoft Windows XP, then from the  Start menu, choose  Outlook Express . The  Microsoft Outlook Express window will appear.

>From the  Tools menu, choose  Accounts . The  Internet Accounts window will appear.

Select the  Mail tab.

Choose the  Add button.

In the  Display Name field, enter the name that you would like to appear in your e-mail messages and choose the  Next button.  Note: An example is  Joe Smith or  Joe's Tire Shop .

In the  E-mail Address field, enter your AT&T Worldnet Service e-mail address and choose the  Next button.  Note: An example is  wnguyz12345 at worldnet.att.net

In the  Incoming Mail (POP3) field, type  ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net

In the  Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field, type  imailhost.worldnet.att.net

Choose the  Next button.

In the  Account Name field, enter your AT&T Worldnet e-mail ID using all lowercase letters.  Note: Your e-mail ID is everything before the  @ symbol of your e-mail address.

In the  Password field, enter your AT&T Worldnet e-mail password.  Note: The password is case-sensitive and will not be visible as you type it.

Select the  Remember Password option if you do not want to have to enter your password each time you check your e-mail.

Choose the  Next button and then choose the  Finish button.

Select the mail account you just created and then choose the  Properties button.

Select the  Servers tab.

Place a checkmark beside the  My server requires authentication option.

Choose the  Settings button.

Select the  Log on using option.

In the  Account name field, enter your AT&T Worldnet e-mail address (not just your e-mail ID) using all lowercase letters.  Note: An example is  wnguyz12345 at worldnet.att.net

In the  Password field, enter your AT&T Worldnet e-mail password.  Note: The password is case-sensitive and will not be visible as you type it.

Place a checkmark beside the  Remember password option.

Choose the  OK button. You will return to the  Properties window.

Select the  Advanced tab.

In the  Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, type  465

Place a checkmark beside the  This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option.

In the  Incoming mail (POP3) field, type  995

Place a checkmark beside the  This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option.

Choose the  Apply button, choose the  OK button, and then choose the  Close button.