[Spambayes] SpamBayes v.1.0.4.: Trying to use as both Outlook Plug-in and service for Outlook Express

sandbc500 sandbc500 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 02:21:20 CET 2006

Help! I've read the SpamBayes trouble-shooting guide but I'm still stuck!

I'm using WinXP Home and SpamBayes v.1.0.4.
I've installed it for use as a plug-in (for MS Outlook) and would like it to
work as a service (for my wife's MS Outlook Express client).  I see nothing
in the documentation that indicates this can't be done.

We both log-in using the same account, and my Outlook Plug-in seems to be
working correctly. The problem is with Outlook Express. When I configure the
server with my POP3 info and save my entries, I get the following error:

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 476, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 884, in onChangeopts

  File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 782, in reReadOptions

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1007, in _recreateState

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 1022, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 822, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 889, in createWorkers

  File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 60, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'get_statistics_start_date'

The most recent log file says:
Service not available. Using thread.
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
answer(s)
cache PTR has 0 question(s) and 0 answer(s)
No queries

Any help is appreciated. If I can't get it working, I'll report this as a
bug.
Thanks,
SC