[Spambayes] problem with spambayes 1.0.4

Michael Khor mkhor at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 7 22:09:21 CET 2006

Hi There

I am trying to get spambayes working for Outlook Express 6.

I performed the installation  once using the OE option and not the Outlook Addin option.
Every appeared to install fine and the sb tray icon appeared
I configured the server, but it didn't work..i know I didn't set it correctly as i missed a few fields.

Anyway, so i stopped the server and exited

After that, i could no longer start the sb-tray icon

AFter much mucking around, I removed and reinstalled spambayes, however no matter what I try, i still cannot get the tray icon to appear.  I have done the uninsall and manually removed reg entries with no luck

I have even tried manually creating the sb_service service using the -install option and that doesn't work.  I get the following error.

C:\Program Files\SpamBayes\bin>sb_service.exe -install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "boot_service.py", line 12, in ?
  File "pop3proxy_service.pyc", line 82, in ?
  File "sb_server.pyc", line 867, in ?
  File "sb_server.pyc", line 667, in __init__
  File "sb_server.pyc", line 695, in init
  File "sb_server.pyc", line 857, in _addressAndPort
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): mail.optusnet.com.au

Spambayes does not come up as a service under Admin tools either

any ideas ?

i'm running XP Pro SP2 with all latest fixes.

Regards,
Michael Khor
mkhor at optusnet.com.au