[Spambayes] Outlook Express problem

Kieren Porter kieren at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 08:41:19 CEST 2006

We use both Outlook and Outlook Express on the same computer, so we
installed both SpamBayes applications at once (checking both boxes in the
set-up menu for Outlook and for another email client). We seem to have
configured Outlook just fine. But, following directions for Outlook Express,
we've hit a snag... whenever we try to send messages, OE asks for fresh
password and login information from the server. The saved password and login
information for our ISP (Earthlink.net) doesn't work any longer. Replacing
"pop.earthlink.net" with "localhost" seems to be preventing us from
accessing our email account at Earthlink.

Is this problem specific to Earthlink, or did we do something wrong in
setting up SpamBayes for Outlook Express? Thanks for your help,

Kieren Porter