[Spambayes] Problem with Web Interface Advanced Configuration

vze5bgzj@verizon.net vze5bgzj at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 15:12:36 CEST 2005

Hi.

I have just upgraded to Spambayes 1.1a1 POP3 Proxy.  The OS is SuSE Linux 9.3.
I have a problem.  The Advanced Configuration feature of the Web Interface
will not permit me to enter multiple private IPs in the Allowed Remote UI
Connections.  The same is the case for the Allowed Remote POP3 connections.
I have explicitly followed the instructions to separate the IPs with commas.
I receive an error message back.  In this error message ALL of the IPs are
put together into one string that is bound with a apostrophe (single quote
character) on each end.  The string is followed with "is not a valid value
for [Interface Options] . . . "

Has anyone hit this?  What's the fix?

Also, I have removed the new hammie.db, etc. from the the 1.1a1 files that I
extracted from the Gzipped TAR ball and replaced with the existing hammie.db
from the original installation and was disappointed to see that the
application does not realize that the database includes over 15K trained
messages.  How do I pump the .db folders through the training filters for the
new version to "bring it up to speed" right away?

Thanks

Mike