[Spambayes] SpamBayes hides message content

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 29 08:41:23 CEST 2005

>> When I look at the detailed header information on a message that does
>> not come through correctly, I find the following:
>
> Please see FAQ 5.2:
>
> http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#i-get-a-
> dbrunrecoveryerror-message
>
> Sadly the only solution is to delete your training database and train
> again from scratch.

This will fix the cause (I wonder if we ought to switch to defaulting
to ZODB for 1.1a2; I've been using it for over a year without any
database problems).  Just as a FYI:

When a problem like this occurs, what is meant to happen is that the
exception header is added and the message is let through.  1.1a1 (and
maybe CVS; I'm not sure if I have checked in the fix yet) has a bug,
however, that means that when this occurs the message is stuffed in
with the headers.

If you're using sb_server, then 1.0.4 is a much better choice than
1.1a1, for this reason and others.  When we finally get time to
release 1.1a2, you could try that.

=Tony.Meyer