[Spambayes] IMPORTANT QUESTION

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 5 07:02:39 CEST 2005

>> Thanks for your reply, However I just went to that site and the
>> space for those buttons is still there, but they're not.  I don't
>> know what they mean -- because both my DELETE AS SPAM and RECOVER
>> FROM SPAM buttons are gone.
>
> That said, one thing that I know happens sometimes is that Outlook
> decides that it should disable SpamBayes. Go to Outlook's Help
> menu, select "About Microsoft Office Outlook," and click the
> "Disabled Items..." button. If SpamBayes is listed, re-enable it.

If this isn't the problem, it's worth also trying the suggestions in
the troubleshooting guide.  A copy is installed with SpamBayes, or
you can read it online at:

<http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/
Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?rev=HEAD>

>> I also don't know how to discard the training database.

Once the toolbar is fixed, all you need to do is click the SpamBayes
button on the toolar, then choose SpamBayes Manager, then go to the
Training tab and do the training from there, ensuring that you tick
the "Rebuild entire database" box.

=Tony.Meyer