[Spambayes] Inspecting images (was: SpamBayes to Handle Embedded Images)

Vincent Zweije vincent+spambayes at zweije.nl.eu.org
Mon Oct 3 09:55:40 CEST 2005

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:43:36PM -0700, FreeMJ at HotPop.com wrote:

||  Other than a miraculous OCR feature showing up in SpamBayes soon, I'm out
||  of ideas for a simple way of managing this type of mail on my home PC.

Hmm... if anyone is going to work on this, do it the Bayesian way.
Don't try to recognise text, just recognize patterns in the image.
Just like spambayes doesn't understand language, just recognizes words
(and a little of their context).

Would be a lovely research project, I'm sure.

Say, how do those photocopy machines decide and refuse when a bank note
is being copied?

Ciao.                                                          Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije at xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"