[Spambayes] Can't start the application

vze5bgzj@verizon.net vze5bgzj at verizon.net
Sat Oct 1 13:35:58 CEST 2005

Hi.

Are there upgrade docs available for this application?

Pursuant to Tony's comment, I have downloaded spambayes-1.0.4 and am trying to
get rid of spambayes-1.1a1.

I now have two directories, spambayes-1.1a1 (a) and spambayes-1.0.4 (b).  I
have kept (a) unless/until I verify that (b) works.  Now, neither application
will load

python scripts/sb_server.py -b (SCRIPT)

When I try shutting down the application from the UI and running (SCRIPT) from
(b) I receive the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/sb_server.py", line 991, in ?
    run()
  File "scripts/sb_server.py", line 985, in run
    start()
  File "scripts/sb_server.py", line 922, in start
    main(state.servers, state.proxyPorts, state.uiPort, state.launchUI)
  File "scripts/sb_server.py", line 900, in main
    proxyUI = ProxyUserInterface(state, _recreateState)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spambayes/ProxyUI.py", line 168, in
__init__
    proxy_state.lang_manager,
AttributeError: State instance has no attribute 'lang_manager'

I have checked permissions, they appear to be fine or at least identical to
the permissions in (a).

When I try running (SCRIPT) from (a), I receive an error message that the
Version cannot be established.

When I run

python Version.py from the spambayes subdirectory, I receive nonsensical
information (as compared to running the same command from Version.py from the
spambayes subdiretory of (b)).

HELP!

Our LAN is now out of commission and no one can check mail.

Thanks

Mike