[Spambayes] "Blank" Emails clogging my inbox.

Eric A. Silver eric.silver at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 3 18:53:19 CET 2005

I've got mine set to 90, and I get about 30 or 40 false positives every day,
including every single message addressed to Spambayes.
I retrain every week, sometimes twice a week.  I retrained today, and
fifteen minutes later had two false positives, both from senders that were
in the Inbox and on my safe senders list.

I have a separate folder called Spambayes and my outlook settings are set to
take any message with Spambayes in the subject line and put it in the
spambayes folder.  Despite that, every message that contains Spambayes in
the subject line ends up in the Junk folder.

When I clear out my junk mail, and ensure that my inbox and junk mail folder
each contain ham and spam, respectively, and then retrain, it doesn't take
very long before I have false positives in my junk mail folder.  Moving an
item from junk to inbox by recovering it from Spam has no apparent effect on
how Spambayes will treat similar mail in the future.  (this includes my list
of safe senders as well.)

Always open to ideas,
Eric A. Silver