[Spambayes] Problem reviewing emails

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 30 05:30:20 CEST 2005

> Ever since I switched over to V1.04 I'm having a problem
> classifying my mail. What happens is that email's that are
> Spam are classified as good, but when you go to the review
> screen the email's are not there, so after a few days the
> database is worthless.

Worthless why?  Because you've only managed to train on good mail?  Do the
logs have any information?  If you look at the headers for the mail that
isn't in the review page, are they being classified as ham
("X-Spambayes-Classification" header value of "ham") or failing to be
classified ("X-Spambayes-Exception" header)?

[...]
> I'm new to the list so I don't know if this is old news, I
> looked at the archives and I discouraged by the amount of mail
> to look through.

Reading through the archives isn't really feasible for finding a solution.
You can use google to search them, however - do a search for something like:

  site:mail.python.org spambayes review messages problem

This doesn't sound familiar, though, so I wouldn't bother for this problem.
The best place to start is with the logs.

=Tony.Meyer