[Spambayes] Suddenly can't connect

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun May 15 03:25:45 CEST 2005

On Sat May 14 2005 5:32 pm, Claude Jones wrote:
> Here's a followup to myself. It would appear that something has
> become corrupted:
>
> On the configuration page where it says POP3 Proxy Options and
> SMTP Proxy Options there are correct values filled in; a little
> further down that same configuration page, the same sections are
> repeated, and there are no values entered in the fields - if I try
> to click in one of these empty fields, the whole page jumps
> upwards to the region where there are values already filled in. It
> would appear that this part of the program has been corrupted in
> some way. Now, my question is do I have to do a complete
> uninstall/reinstall, or can someone think of a less drastic
> measure. It would be nice not to lose all the training effort I
> put into it so far.

Followup #2: The anomaly reported above is probably a Firefox problem. When I
loaded the Spambayes configuration page in Konqueror, it displayed properly
without the doubling up of the options sections.

Where things stand now in summary:

With my normal configuration an attempt to get mail results in a long delay
and then an error "unable to connect to localhost"
If I remove localhost from Kmail's configuration and put back the ISP and port
110, I connect just fine.
From my browser, I can connect to the Spambayes configuration page just fine.

Any suggestions gladly accepted...
--