[Spambayes] Windows 2003 Server SP1 breaks Outlook Plugin?

Sean Covel seanecovel at comcast.net
Thu May 12 18:48:30 CEST 2005

Tony,

Mark seems to have stopped responding to my Emails.  Must be busy.

> The only thing I can think of (unless Mark knows something) is to try and
> figure out where it's crashing.  The OutlookAddin class (around line 1258)
> is the one that first gets called (by Outlook).  You could see if adding a
> print statement to the __init__ function results in win32traceutil.py
> output, and the same for the OnConnection function.  (It must die somewhere
> before the end of OnConnection, because that has the first log entries,
> which don't get printed).

I added the code to __init__ (didn't know white-space was significant in
Python!  Good thing IDLE is helping me.)  and I do get output from
__init__ but it never gets into OnConnection.  I'm having some trouble
following the code.  Where does the OutlookAddin class get
created/initialized?  I could add some debug statements in there.

Sean