[Spambayes] filter misclassification

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 11 08:57:38 CEST 2005

> Indeed I require the message to be scored as "ham". But
> despite my retraining with just 15 messages each for "spam"
> and "ham" (to keep the database balanced), I get the
> following message again delivered to my "spam"  folder.
> Interestingly the message has no "X-Spambayes-Classification"
>  header added but instead has "X-Folder:Bulk".

The "X-Folder" header is not added by SpamBayes (you can grep through the
source to verify that).   If there isn't a "X-Spambayes-Classification"
header, then SpamBayes hasn't seen the message (unless there's a
"X-Spambayes-Exception" header, which means it saw it and choked).

Which SpamBayes script are you using?  sb_filter?  sb_imapfilter?
sb_server?  (I suspect sb_filter).

It sounds like the most likely explaination is that some other filter is
moving the message.  Is that possible?  (Either a local filter or one
upstream if this is on an IMAP server).

=Tony.Meyer