[Spambayes] AssertionError: assert spamcount <= nspam ??

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 9 09:01:10 CEST 2005

> Aargh!  I just painstakingly rebuilt my database by creating
> as accurate a spam and ham files as I could.

What did you use to rebuild?  It seems likely that the problem occurred
then.

> [greg at server ~]$ sb_dbexpimp.py -e -p .hammiedb -f
> hammiedb.csv Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
>      tempbayes = pickle.load(fp)
> EOFError
>
> Suggestions?

Is .hammiedb a pickle or bsddb database?  It looks like it's a bsddb
database, but you're telling sb_dbexpimp.py that it's a pickle.  Try this:

  sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d .hammiedb -f hammiedb.csv

> Anyway, this corruption of tokens sounds like a bug to me.

It's probably not the corruption of token counts, but of the total messages
trained (at least that was the case ages back when this problem was common).
It shouldn't be possible for training that successfully completes to cause
this problem - if it does, then yes it's a bug (and if you can figure a way
for that to happen, please open a bug tracker on sourceforge and we'll
address it).

=Tony.Meyer