[Spambayes] Odd behavior with messages

douglas cohn douglas.cohn at inetservers.com
Mon Jun 20 20:23:47 CEST 2005

I have noticed some odd behavior with messages from JPSoft mailing list.

I use XP SP2 SpamBayes Outlook 2003 add-in 1.04.  Attached is log and error
message (Screen clip)

I get messages from the newsgroup and they show a score of 0% yet go
directing into Junk Folders.  Even after repeatedly recovering from spam
they still end up there.  I am guessing that the recovery applies to the
user and not the list.

Isn't there a way to whitelist certain addresses including mailing lists?

In the log it always says Unable to determine source folder for message.  I
believe that is because of the to: address being a newsgroup.  Also If I
click recover from spam I can no longer move that message to another folder.
I attached the error message I receive.  BUT if I just move the message
before clicking recover from Spam it moves normally.

This is a snippet from attached log (In zip file)
Unable to determine source folder for message 'Re: New Microsoft command
shell' - restoring to Inbox
Recovering to folder 'Inbox' and ham training message 'Re: New Microsoft
command shell

The one odd thing about these messages which also affected the Outlook Junk
filter (which I have since disabled) is that the To: line is the newsgroup
address not the email address of the list.

This has happened many times before.

Here is the header