[Spambayes] Ver 1.0.4 (downgrade from 1.1a1) sb_server.py starterror

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 20 07:16:00 CEST 2005

> as I lost my database again (using 1.1a1) I tried to
> downgrade to 1.0.4 today.
[...]
> Tried to run the server - and got this:
[...]
> AttributeError: State instance has no attribute 'lang_manager'

I think that distutils (the thing that the setup.py script runs) won't
overwrite the module if the version is newer.  Try using "--force", e.g.:

   python setup.py install --force

And that should solve the problem.  (You'll need to do this as a user with
write access to the Python lib directory, unless you install elsewhere).

=Tony.Meyer