[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] FAQ short on logon & security

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:18:12 CEST 2005

Please note that the spambayes-dev list is for discussion about the
development of SpamBayes. General questions, bug reports, and so forth
should be directed to  <mailto:spambayes at python.org> spambayes at python.org.

SpamBayes doesn't handle the POP3 login itself. As a proxy, it just passes
the commands from the mail client (in this case, Outlook Express) on to the
server and then analyzes the received messages for spam content. The
username and password sent to the server should be the ones configured in
Outlook Express.

Are you certain that the problem is caused by a login failure? If the
username/password is not being submitted correctly then you should get a
connection error from Outlook Express. A copy of your log files might be
helpful, although the SpamBayes proxy logs much less info than the Outlook
addin. The Troubleshooting guide should tell you how to find the logs.

--
Kenny Pitt

  _____