[Spambayes] McAfee VirusScan 8.0 detects "Generic BackDoor.dr" in SpamBayes 1.0.4 downloads

Rodgers, Michael W rodgersm at uww.edu
Mon Jun 13 15:21:23 CEST 2005

My version of McAfee VirusScan (8.0.0 engine 4400) appears to detect
some sort of a generic Trojan in the 1.0.4 SpamBayes Outlook plugin.
Does anyone else have this problem? It very well may be that the network
administrators at my university have (mis)configured something within
McAfee, since the version I am running is the centrally managed,
enterprise version.

If it appears that others are also detecting a Trojan in the 1.0.4
SpamBayes Outlook plugin, I'm curious to see if it is a false positive
on McAfee's part or an actual breach of security in the SpamBayes code
base.

Thanks.

Mike Rodgers

UW-Whitewater