[Spambayes] Fw: spam,Does not delete the spam to a file.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 29 04:32:40 CEST 2005

> The problem I am having is it will detect the spam but does
> not send it to the spam folder. It stays in my inbox.

SpamBayes (apart from the Outlook plug-in) is not a filter, just a
classifier, so this is all that it is meant to do.

The idea is that it is extremely simple to create rules in your mail client
do filter this mail once it has been classified, and you can tell your
client to do whatever you like with the mail (move it, delete is, colour it,
...).

FAQ 4.21 contains an example of setting up rules to move messages in Outlook
Express.

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express

=Tony.Meyer