[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 6 05:04:07 CEST 2005

> I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta3, version 0.3 (December 2003),

This is a very old version.  I highly recommend downloading and installing
the latest version, 1.0.4:

<http://spambayes.org/download.html>

> I'm using Microsoft internet Explorer and my mail service is with
> outlook express. I think that I probably have made a mistake seting
> up my email configurations for spambayes. But I'm not sure if my
> problem is in the port setings or what.

Take a look at FAQ 4.21:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express

If that doesn't help, please let us know what you have put for the various
settings, and what happens when you try and get new mail.

=Tony.Meyer