[Spambayes] Duplicate messages handled differently...?

Kenneth Sole sole at soleassociates.com
Mon Jan 31 17:52:36 CET 2005

Hi Tony & All,

I do not believe that it is a rule problem:

I have only one rule, and that moves messages from a particular
address to their own folder. None of the messages with which I have
had problems have that return address.

But, you mentioned another instance of SpamBayes:

I have two systems that read the same Outlook PST file (using Public
Outlook). Each of those systems had an instance of SpamBayes. On the
local machine SpamBayes sorted incoming messages, and it was on the
local machine that I had the problem described below.

The remote machine's instance of SpamBayes was used (only very rarely)
to train on messages that were incorrectly sorted on the local
machine.

Though I understand nothing about the mechanism of potential
interference, there is that possibility.

I have left SpamBayes on the remote machine, but have disabled it by
un-checking.

I will run that way to see if it eliminates the problem I have been
having.

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth