[Spambayes] Incoming mail failure - server times out

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 19 01:09:17 CET 2005

> I have several email accounts, the default one being my
> broadband ISP, Starpower. All incoming mail addressed to
> this server is downloaded without error. Another address,
> an old dial up ISP, is configured to download through
> Starpower (my LAN) so I don't need to dial for access to
> this mail account. I have had no problem with downloading
> from this account until lately when, after installing
> SPAMBayes, the dialup account email will no longer download
> to my Outlook 2003 Inbox, but instead I get an error message
> as follows:
>            "WDN (my dialup ISP) - receiving reported error
> (0x8004210A). The operation timed out waiting for a response
> from the receiving (POP) server. If the problem persists
> contact your administrator or ISP."

Is this the Outlook plug-in?  If so, then SpamBayes doesn't play any role in
retrieving mail, so it's odd if it is SpamBayes.  What happens if you
disable SpamBayes?  What happens if you uninstall SpamBayes?
(Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't effect your configuration or training).

What do your logs have in them?

=Tony.Meyer