[Spambayes] Spambayes not classifying mail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 10 23:40:08 CET 2005

> To complicate things, I'm using Tb and Outlook on the same
> machine. Outlook uses the plugin, Tb the pop3 proxy. Could
> that be a problem?

As long as they're either using separate databases (as they would by
default) *or* are never running at the same time, that should be fine.

> If I check the headers of mail, I see:

> in onRetr
>  .    msg.setPayload(messageText)
>  .  File "C:\spambayes-1.0.1\spambayes\message.py", line 249,
> in setPayload
>  .    prs._parseheaders(self, fp)
>
>  .AttributeError: Parser instance has no attribute '_parseheaders'

This is the problem.  You're running from source, and using Python 2.4, yes?
SpamBayes 1.0.1 isn't compatible with Python 2.4.  This is fixed in CVS, so
will be fixed in 1.0.2 and 1.1 (2.4 wasn't out when 1.0.1 came out, and so
this problem was missed).  Options:

  1. Use Python 2.3 (or 2.2) for the moment.
  2. Use SpamBayes from CVS (either HEAD, which is what will become 1.1, or
the 1_0_release branch, which will be 1.0.2).

=Tony.Meyer