[Spambayes] Spambayes with Blackberry

Robert Mezzone RMezzone at PJSolomon.com
Fri Jan 7 14:20:56 CET 2005

The BB synch with corporate email is immediate. There isn't much you do to
delay it, I haven't been able to find a setting on the BB server. However,
the following will work in a corporate environment with wireless email
reconciliation turned on. Never tested in a standalone configuration..

Make the Junk Email and Junk Suspects folders subfolders of the Inbox and
have the BB software synch your Inbox and it's subfolders. Set the handheld
to hide filed messages. The email will be delivered to the handheld.
Spambayes will process the messages and move it if necessary. After a few
minutes the BB will do a wireless synch and move it to the corresponding
folder on the BB. With filed messages hidden the message disappears, but
still exists on the handheld.

The nice thing is, you can view the messages in the junk-suspects folder on
the BB. If it's HAM, file it in the BB's Inbox, a wireless synch will occur,
move it to the Outlook Inbox and Spambayes will retrain on the message. Same
will work if you file it in the Junk-Email. folder on the BB.

So you can actually train Spambayes from a BB....

Hth.

Robert