[Spambayes] Changing mail client to connect to "localhost"

Mark Ramras ramras at neu.edu
Tue Jan 4 05:19:04 CET 2005

  In the POP3 proxy I changed my pop3 server from "pop3.lepton.neu.edu" to
lepton.neu.edu.  That's fine, I think.  But in Outlook Express, after
changing my incoming
pop3 server from "lepton.neu.edu" to "localhost" and clicking on Send and
Receive, I get the following error message:
        "The connection to the server has failed. Account 'lepton.neu.edu',
Server:              'localhost', Protocol POP 3, Port 995, Secure (SSL):
Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:  0x800CC0E"

I should also mention that SpamBayes Web Interface has received no messages.
(But I guess that's to be expected, given the problem above.)

Mark