[Spambayes] Changing mail client to connect to "localhost"

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 2 02:41:34 CET 2005

> I use Windows XP , Outlook Express, and SpamBayes version
> 1.01.  I don't understand how to "change my mail client to 'localhost'",
> as directed by the Troubleshooting guide.

In Outlook Express:

1.  Select "Accounts" from the "Tools" menu.
2.  Double-click the account you wish to change.
3.  Click the "Servers" tab.
4.  In the "Incoming mail server" section, change your ISP's mail server to
"localhost".

> Was "localhost" shorthand for " the
> address of the machine running SpamBayes" ?  Does this mean /my
> machine/? In either case, how do I find out that address?

"localhost" is a special name that means the machine you are using.  It's
the easiest way to refer to the local machine, but you can find out the
actual name if you like (Start->Run->cmd.exe, then type 'ipconfig' and press
enter).

=Tony.Meyer