[Spambayes] RE: [spambayes-dev] multiple addresses

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 21 02:40:37 CET 2005

[Please note that the spambayes-dev list is intended for discussion about
the development of spambayes itself.  Questions about use, bug reports, and
so forth should be directed to the spambayes at python.org list].

<http://spambayes.org/contact.html>

> How do I set up spam bayes for two different email addresses. When I
> installed the program it only showed one of the addresses.

Which SpamBayes application are you using?  I'm guessing that it's sb_server
(i.e. not the Outlook plug-in and not sb_imapfilter).  If that is not
correct, then this answer will not be what you are after, and please ask
again, without more information about what you need.

I suppose that it's not important to understand the distinction, but
SpamBayes doesn't care about your email address - it just needs to know
about the different POP3 mail servers that you connect to.  (The important
bit would be if you had two addresses, e.g. t-meyer at ihug.co.nz and
ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz, that connect to the same server, since you only need to
tell SpamBayes about it once).

In the main configuration page of SpamBayes, enter in all the POP3 servers
that you connect to in a comma separated list (like
"mail.example.com,pop.ihug.co.nz"), and then in the box underneath that asks
for ports, enter in the same number of unused ports (e.g. "110,111").

Then in your mail program, change the settings for the (e.g.)
mail.example.com address to connect to "localhost" on port 110 and (e.g.)
pop.ihug.co.nz to connect to "localhost" on port 111.  The port setting is
probably on a separate place in the configuration (if you tell us which mail
program you use, we could tell you where it will be), and will default to
110.

=Tony.Meyer