[Spambayes] Getting spambayes version (was Re: SpamBayes: Download)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Feb 13 07:33:48 CET 2005

> I already knew how to get the most recent version and such,
> my problem was knowing what version I already have.  :-)

Sorry - I misread your question.

> I do not use Microsoft Windows.
[...]
> Think of me as a Unix user (I run Mac OS X).

You mentioned the web interface, so I presume you're using sb_server or
sb_imapfilter.  The version at the bottom of each page (which I presume is
the one you're referring to) is the correct version.  So, e.g., the 1.0.3
release (from January 2005) has:

"""
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.3 (January 2005)
Spambayes Web Interface, 19:28 on Sunday February 13 2005. Spambayes.org
"""

The scripts also output the version number to stdout - if you're running the
scripts from a terminal window then it will be there, or if you pipe the
output to a log file or something, then there.

We could add a "check for new version" function to the web interface, I
guess.  If you'd like this (it'd be mostly useful for Mac/*nix users, since
the Windows people have the other methods), then feel free to open a feature
request tracker for it (<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>) and I'll get to
it at some point (before 1.1b1, probably, but not before 1.1a1).

(If you're not using the web interface, then I think sb_filter and the like
print out the version to stdout if you do something like sb_filter.py
--help).

=Tony.Meyer