[Spambayes] Using previously trained messages db for outlook add-in

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 7 02:13:31 CET 2005

> I have an XP machine on which I have been running Spambayes
> along with Mozilla Thunderbird.
>
> Now I also have Outlook 2003 installed on the system and
> installed the Spambayes Outlook Addin. My question is: (how)
> can I reuse my trained messages?
>
> I tried moving message_info_database.db and
> statistics_database.db to the plugin's proxy folder, but that
> apparently didn't do the trick.

You can delete the message_info_database.db file - the message info
databases that Outlook & sb_server use are not compatible (but this is not a
big deal).

You need to put the statistics_database.db in the data directory (e.g.
'/Documents and Settings/{username}/Application Data/SpamBayes') (not the
Proxy directory in there) and rename it 'default_bayes_database.db'.

It would be best to do this when Outlook was not running.  You will probably
have an existing database file in there, with whatever training the Outlook
plug-in has done.

=Tony.Meyer