[Spambayes] Outlook shutdown problem

Gil Brandenburg imflying at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 12:07:53 CET 2005

I've discovered a small problem that I think I've narrowed down to the
Spambayes add-in for Outlook.  I'm using Outlook 2003.  For the record, I
had trouble when I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook XP (2002).  I ended
up having to uninstall both Spambayes and Outlook and reinstall, but I
thought that fixed my problems.  It seems there is one small problem left.
I use a program called SynchPST to keep my mail in synch between my laptop
and my home computer.  When I start SynchPST, I notice it opens in task
manager along with Outlook.  I can then synch my pst files but when I close
SynchPST, Outlook continues to run in Task Manager.  Through some
troubleshooting with the developer of SynchPST, I've discovered that this
only happens if the Spambayes add-in is loaded.  If the Spambayes add-in is
not loaded, both SynchPST and Outlook will close as they should.  Does
anyone have an idea why Outlook would hang like this with Spambayes add-in
enabled?