[Spambayes] (no subject)

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:24:49 CET 2005

[douglas cohn]
> For the life of me I do not understand what I need to do to prevent messages
> with a score of 0% from going into my Junkmail folder. ...

I don't believe SpamBayes is moving these messages into your Junkmail
folder to begin with.  There's nothing in the log file saying that
SpamBayes classified the message as spam, the SpamBayes score is as
hammy as is possible to get (0%), and when you train on one of these
the log says something like:

    Unable to determine source folder for message 'Daily Syslog statistics
         for Fri, 09 Dec 2005' - restoring to Inbox

If SpamBayes had moved the message to begin with, SpamBayes would have
remembered which folder the message came from to begin with.

To verify one way or the other, try turning SpamBayes off (SpamBayes
-> SpamBayes Manager ... -> remove the check mark next to "Enable
SpamBayes" -> click Close).  I bet these messages still end up in your
Junkmail folder then.

If so, you have some other gimmick that's moving your messages.  Can't
guess what from here, though.  Perhaps you have an Outlook rule that
moves them, or perhaps Outlook's builtin junk filter is moving them
(try turning that off), or perhaps you installed something else ...
there's no way to tell from here.  Whatever, I see no evidence that
SpamBayes is moving them, but do see evidence that SpamBayes is not
moving them.