[Spambayes] New to Spambayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 8 02:59:27 CET 2005

> I have been reading the discussion on “black and white lists” and
> this probably tells me I cannot get over my problem.

The FAQ covers this pretty well:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#why-don-t-you-add-whitelisting-
blacklisting-to-spambayes>

Basically, it is extremely simple to implement blacklists or
whitelists in your mail client (Outlook by the look of it), so if you
wish to use them, all you need to do is start adding rules.

> In fact all email from spambayes go into the junk file. It just
> will not learn.

This has absolutely nothing to do with blacklists or whitelists.
Either there's a problem with the way you've configured SpamBayes, or
with the training that you've done.

There is, however, no way for us to know why a message scores what is
does without seeing the clues for that message, because everyone's
training is unique.  If you'd like us to explain why a message scored
what it did:

   1.  *Before* training on the message, select it, and choose "Show
spam clues for this message" from the SpamBayes menu.

   2.  Email the generated message (with an explanation at the top)
to spambayes at python.org

=Tony.Meyer