[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes POP3 Proxy: Cannot get started

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 24 03:50:20 CEST 2005

> The problem I am having is: I cannot figure out how to get
> messages into SpamBayes.  I have entered my POP3 address and
> all other requested data, but don't know where to go from there.

You need to change your mail client to connect to "localhost" (no quotes)
instead of your POP3 server.  If you're using Outlook Express, see FAQ 4.21:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#how-do-i-set-up-spambayes-and-outlook-express

If you're not using Outlook Express and need help figuring out how to do
this, please let us know what mail client you are using (Thunderbird,
Eudora, Mail, etc).

=Tony.Meyer